Thank you for your interest in supporting YSS.
Thank you to all our very generous donors, contributing to £10211.64 during 2015 for Worcestershire Young Carers and Young Adult Carers:
A huge thank you to all for supporting Worcestershire Young Carers.
Currently YSS are actively looking for donations and fundraising to support WYC. One of our biggest on-going costs is for running monthly clubs and providing a range of activities specifically for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers. Through clubs we currently support over 160 young carers each month. Clubs are held every month and young people are transported (usually by taxi) to the club for a chance to have some much needed time out and respite from their caring duties. This allows them an opportunity to relax and just be a young person, an opportunity that they might not otherwise have.If you wish to read more about the work of the WYC team please click here.
Throughout the year a wide variety of additional activities are organised and it is for these in particular that we are always seeking further funding. This could be a trip to the sea-side, a visit to a festival, or a daytrip.
Thank you for all the generous donations: these are some examples from the past 12 months:
|Wolverley CofE School||Donation £845|
|North Worcester Rotary||Donation £500|
|Redditch Recorder Group||Collection £313.34|
|Mid-Counties Co-Op Ltd||Donation £1058|
|Lisa Watters||Marathon running fundraising £1165|
|Soroptimist Club of Kidderminster||Fund Raising £232.34|
|Pershore College||Fundraising £337.14|
|Rotary Club of Bromsgrove||Donation £3000|
|YMCA Redditch NCS||Fundraising £308.09|
|Friends of Elmbridge||Donation £300|
You could choose to support through either:
- Individual Donations- please click DONATE ONLINE at the base of any page. This will take you to the YSS page on the MyDonate website. YSS choose this charity donation site, after comparison with other similar sites, as it maximizes the donation reaching YSS, and takes only a small administration fee from the donation,if you are eligible for gift aid. (MyDonate is a charity itself.)
- Fundraising – we have had individuals running marathons, organising cake stalls, lunches and dinners and even climbing mountains to raise funds for us. For example a former member of staff raised £400 from her half marathon run. Fund raisers have raised from £50 upwards and every penny raised goes directly to support your chosen project. We are very grateful for all amounts no matter how small.
If you are interested in fundraising or in supporting us as an individual or as a company , please contact Senior Key worker Neil Phillips, on firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Constable directly on 07785 619887 or email email@example.com
Donations for the last 12 months now total £5,909.18.
A huge thank you to all who have contributed to this:
- Droitwich Lions Club
- Worcestershire Round Table
- Friends of Elmbridge
- Fernhill Health WI
- Kidderminster College
- Mr Duke, L Carter, A&S MC Farlane, R Amurro, J&T Nuttall, Claire Shaw
- Bag packing at Sainsburys