At YSS we constantly meet people who do not fit the ‘system’, where at every turn they seem to be faced by insurmountable challenges, closed doors and lack of opportunities that can reinforce negative feelings and low self-esteem.
Over the last 30 years we have developed a strong track record of engaging and motivating some of the most under-supported people in society. As we all know life is often unpredictable and can throw up sudden circumstances that you could never have imagined or other things that seem to creep up on you bit by bit over a long period of time.
If this happens, hopefully you will have the ability to manage the situation and have access to the support that will help you through a difficult time.
However if someone doesn’t have a supportive network and face what seem to be impossible barriers that is where that bit of extra help and support from YSS can make all the difference.
YSS seeks a society where all people feel safe and have the opportunity to lead positive and constructive lives and to achieve their potential.
Enabling young people, adults and families who are vulnerable, have complex needs and who face difficult life challenges to lead positive and constructive lives in society and to achieve their potential. We will do this by designing and delivering innovative support services and by influencing changes to social policy and practice.
YSS Core Values
- Respect– for everyone we are in contact with and who we might impact upon
- Flexibility – adapting our work based on feedback from service users, staff & partners
- Innovation – constantly researching and developing new approaches to achieve better outcomes
- People have the capacity to make positive changes in their lives
- A ‘solution focused’ approach achieves the best outcomes
- A person centred approach that is holistic in meeting identified needs achieves the best outcomes
- Partnership working achieves the best outcomes – we don’t have all of the answers!
YSS Safeguarding Statement:
YSS is committed to ensuring that children, young people and adults at risk who come into contact with YSS staff and volunteers are treated with respect, and are free from all forms of abuse or mistreatment. We are also committed to ensuring that all staff and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities, and have the knowledge and skills necessary to promote and maintain the welfare and safety of those with whom they come into contact.
YSS have comprehensive safeguarding policies which are reviewed annually.
The designated member of staff responsible for safeguarding is Angela Parton, Operations Director, email@example.com